From The Director:
Dear CASA Families:
It is hard to believe that Winter Break is here! Some recent CASA Happenings include:
· In our STEM Class: Ms Rubenstein has brought in guest speakers including surgeon Dr. Nick Nunnally, who spoke to the students about medical schools and careers in medicine, Dr. Joan Greve, professor of bio-medical engineering at University of Michigan, a representative from the Peace Corps, and a current student at Michigan State who took a gap year and spoke with students about the planning and preparation for that experience.
· STEM students have also been staying after school to do animal dissections.
· AP Environmental Science students conducted a survey of the water run-off on the CASA campus.
· AP Seminar students are preparing their first video presentations to be submitted to the College Board in January.
· AP Psychology students are presenting their latest research projects.
· Mr. Lemenu, our AP Studio Art teacher, had Vickie Elmer of the Mint organization speak to the students about marketing their artwork.
· The Religions, Hate and Violence class has had guest speakers from different faiths come present to the class.
· 50 students and staff participated in our second annual Secret Snowman event.
We wish you all the best in 2018!
Winter Break: December 22- January 2. Classes resume January 3rd.
Unless special circumstances occur, students should follow this bus schedule:
Ferndale will transport Berkley students to and from CASA. The bus will leave from Sunnyknoll at approximately 12:50 p.m. and return to Berkley High School at approximately 3:35 p.m.
The Clawson bus will leave from the driveway in front of high school at approximately 12:35 p.m. and return to Clawson High School at approximately 3:45 p.m.
The bus will leave from the north side of Ferndale High School at approximately 1:00 p.m. and return to Ferndale High School at approximately 3:25 p.m.
Clawson will transport Lamphere students to and from CASA. The bus will leave from the driveway in front of Lamphere High School at approximately 12:45 p.m. and return to Lamphere High School at approximately 3:25 p.m.
The Oak Park bus will leave from the driveway in front of the high school at approximately 12:50 p.m. and return to Oak Park High School at approximately 3:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please call the CASA office at 248-691-8502